Bravo’s reality show “Real Housewives of Atlanta” wrapped up its season Tuesday night on a franchise high, reports the AP.
The season-ending episode posted the best ratings to date for any telecast of the net’s “Real Housewives” franchise, rising about 50% over the previous week’s score. It stood as the No. 1 cablecast of the day among 18-49 and No. 1 on cable in primetime among adults 18-34 (1.4/4), according to Nielsen Media Research.
The Atlanta cast marked Bravo’s first ever multi-racial group of socialites (four African American, one Caucasian) following the original “Real Housewives of Orange County” and its first spinoff, “Real Housewives of New York.”
The Atlanta season will air its reunion show on Tuesday, Nov. 25 at 9 p.m., followed by the fourth season premiere of “Real Housewives of Orange County.”
In related news, Atlanta cast member NeNe Leakes spoke to People magazine about the five ways her life has changed for the better since the show has aired.
• “I have tons of fans who love me and come up to me everywhere I go.”
• “I’ve learned a lot of things about myself. I’m learning to be a little bit more patient. I’m learning to tone certain things down. I’m learning to be not as outspoken.”
• “My business has increased. My foundation Twisted Hearts brings awareness to domestic violence against women in the community. I have tons of people reaching out to me wanting to help me with my foundation. Had I not done the show, I would not have this platform.”
• “I have made new friends with the New York Housewives — Bethenny and Jill — and the Orange County Housewives. The one I love the most is Vicki. I’ve learned about my friendships that I’ve had throughout my life, too. There were definitely people that I needed to let out of my circle. So, I’m learning to keep my circle of friends very close.
• “I’m not surprised that Anderson Cooper is talking about me! Wouldn’t you talk about me? I’m not surprised. Anderson Cooper is gorgeous. He is THE silver fox, and I just wish he’d come over on this side of the street. And come over here and talk to me! Wendy Williams talks about me every single week. She sent messages to me. She said if she had to be any housewife it would be me. I’m not surprised. She has to change a few of her ways herself. We have a lot of celebrity people reaching out to us.”